The following tip describes an inexpensive and efficient way to allow others to assist you in doing data entry for large numbers of paper-based survey responses. The techniques described herein also work well for multiple phone interviewers conducting repeated over-the-phone surveys.
Step 1 - Create the Web Survey Form
- Launch SurveyGold and select the Setup Survey tab.
- Save your survey as a web survey form by selecting your survey and selecting Save as Web Form in the Actions group in the button bar.
- Specify that you want to save the web survey form to the SurveyGold web site and continue.
- When the Create Web Survey Form window appears, do the following and save your survey as a web form :
- Select the Appearance tab and check the checkbox entitled "Include a "Clear All Responses" button to reset the web survey form".
- Select the Navigation tab and uncheck the checkbox entitled "Enable the multi-page feature that causes each section to appear on its own separate page".
- Select the Restrictions tab and uncheck the checkbox entitled "Detect and prohibit multiple submissions from the same respondent."
Step 2 - Distribute the Web Survey Form
Note: The data entry work can be done from anywhere, not just on the computer where SurveyGold is installed. For example, it can be accessed at someone's home, a dorm room, a coffee shop, etc.)
Step 3 - Enter Responses
- Transcribe the responses from a paper form into the web survey form and select the "Submit Your Responses" button. (Note: The submitted responses are recorded on SurveyGold.com for later downloading into your SurveyGold aoplication.)
- Select the browser's Back button to redisplay the web survey form just submitted.
- The previous responses may still be in the form. Select the "Clear All Responses" button to clear the form of responses.