Coding is the process of organizing and sorting your open-ended response data. Codes serve as a way to label, compile and organize your data.
To use coding techniques, a survey author:
- Creates an open-ended question as part of their survey
- Conducts the survey, collecting responses to the open-ended question
- Adds a code question to the survey, after the survey is concluded, and adds initial anticipated codes as response choices to the code question
- Uses the Edit All Responses for a Question action to review all open-ended response choices and selects appropriate codes at the same time
- Produces graphs of codes via the View Results tab or by converting code responses to another data format for use by other applications
Note: The ability to add new codes while reviewing the open-ended responses is fully supported. This improves the researcher experience and optimizes workflow by making it easy to add new codes without leaving the reviewing feature.
Where To Find the New Feature
How To Acquire the Update
- Select About in the SurveyGold application tool bar.
- Perform the Update SurveyGold action.
A software update dialog appears and the process begins by downloading the software directly from SurveyGold online services. After the software update files are downloaded to your computer, the process automatically installs the software updates. Normally, this entire process only takes a moment. Your data is not affected in any way as a result of software updates.